The Center has special rules for visiting researchers. Those that a visitor might want to know about before visiting are:
- An appointment must be made to use the Archives and the Center. Contact the Research Center at (610) 384-9282 to arrange your visit.
- Researchers must sign in and out of the Visitors Log.
- The use of pens is prohibited.
- Special care must be taken in handling all records. Records may not be leaned on, written on, folded, traced from, or handled in any way likely to damage them. Records should be kept in the same order in which they are presented. Microfilm or copies of records will be used when available.
- Eating, drinking, and smoking are not permitted in the Research Center.
- Personal copiers and camera phones are prohibited. Personal computers, typewriters, and tape recorders are permitted, so long as they do not disturb others. Permission is required for using cameras to photograph documents.
- The use of scanners will be approved on a case-by-case basis. Researchers using scanners will be required to sign a copy of the Research Center’s policy on scanning and digitization indicating that they have read and understand the conditions under which this privilege is granted.
- Research materials can be self-photocopied.
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to ensure compliance with copyright requirements before publishing material held by the Research Center or lengthy quotations from such material. Contact the Museum Director for more information on copyrights.
- All notes, photocopies and bags must be presented to the receptionist for inspection before the researcher leaves.